Feb 4, 2010

Soulmate II

One of today's Chemistry.com headlines that I was matched with:

"I am looking for some one that can be rigth by me not in front or behin in other words some one that can carry her own weight. "

True dat dog. I hate when people dare stand behin me. It's just not right. NOT RIGHT!

Here is the description another match wrote about himself ... when asked to give details about himself ... not what he does for a living or his philosophy of life ... info that would be important to know about him prior to a first date.

"A composer (Latin com+ponere, literally "one who puts together") is a person who creates music, usually by musical notation, for interpretation and performance. The level of distinction between composers and other musicians varies, which affects issues such as copyright and the deference given to individual interpretations of a particular piece of music. In the development of European music, the function of composing music initially did not have much greater importance than that of performing it. The preservation of individual compositions did not receive enormous attention and musicians generally had no qualms about modifying compositions for performance. Over time, however, the written notation of the composer came to be treated as strict instructions from which performers should not deviate without good practical or artistic reason. Performers do, however, play the music and interpret it in a way that is all their own. In fact, in the concerto form, the soloist would often compose and perform a cadenza as a way to express their individual interpretation of the piece.

The term "composer" is often used to refer to composers of instrumental music, such as those found in classical, jazz or other forms of art and traditional music. In popular and folk music, the composer is usually called a songwriter, since the music generally takes the form of a song."

If you read all of that then you did better than me. I'm sure he is very nice but I will never know as:
A. His profile annoys me (Which oddly enough I don't usually hold against people as most don't know how to write and online profiles are dumb. Seriously Shakespeare, David Mamet, Michael Crichton, Jodi Picoult, Tennessee Williams, and Judy Blume would all have lame profiles. They are impossible to write even for the most talented author.)
B. I'd get too drunk on a first date. He would obviously talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk ... while I did nothing but consumed beverages and excused myself for restroom breaks (he probably wouldn't stop talking while I was gone). Take it from me. During a recent date I forgot the sound of my own voice and spent 30 minutes staring at an empty glass mentally calculating the odds of getting a DUI on the way home vs. listening to the blah blah blah for much longer sober.
C. No picture. You know my feelings on this. PUT A FREAKIN' PICTURE UP. FAIR IS FAIR.

3 comments:

  1. I think it might be time to stop with the online dating. It is raising your blood pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha did I tell you about the guy who on our second date said dogs Riggins age and size aren't cute? What the h e double hock sticks was he thinking. If you want the crazy dog lady to like you why would you say that out loud? He asked me out again. I've yet to tell him to shove it but I will. NOT CUTE? SCREW YOU BUDDY.

    ReplyDelete