Jun 29, 2010

Sounds Good To Me

LinkedIn is a professional website that allows you to post your resume and network with colleagues. It's a classy Facebook. One of things you can do on the site is ask those who have worked with you to write you a recommendation. Today I received a request from a co-worker for just that. After writing one for her (it was easy --- she rocks) she sent met he following "fake" recommendation

"WENDY...

Is dynamite! She’s tall and makes herself even taller with those heels! She has a great sense of humor, and has an awesome dog (too bad I’m allergic to animals). She always has her best critical eye open (“Boy, that is a lot of blueberries!”). She’s got spunk, and you would be extremely lucky to know her. Best of all, she is on top of her sh*t!"

I LOVE IT. I told her I'm adding it to the end of my resume so people know what they are getting.

One of her lines from her real recommendation (the one she wrote that I could post on the networking site) had me in stitches too ...
"She continually drives the company forward with productive criticism."

Me? Critical? Really? Ha! I love that line! I'm adding it to the top of my resume. Screw it. I'm having this lady re-write my resume from top to bottom!

1 comment: