Oct 8, 2009

Happiest Place on Earth


Earlier this month my sister and her family came down to go to Disneyland in honor of my nephew and her birthday. This would be my nephews first trip to Disneyland so, of course, I couldn't miss it. Even though I was sicker than a dog. Have you been to Disneyland when you feel like passing out (and not for any good reason) and it is approx. 1 million degrees outside? I really wouldn't call it "super fun". Since I couldn't do much more then sit I was the perfect companion for my niece who is still super teeny tiny. One of the few rides we went on was the steamboat. As my dad, brother-in-law, nephew, and sister easily romped up the stairs to go to the higher levels of the boat I happily sat down on a bench about 6 ft. from the entrance with my niece on my lap. Next to me was two lovely women with their wild kids. During the cruise around Tom Sawyer's Island one of the women asked me how old my baby was. I answered "3-months" (I'm actually not really sure but this sounded good to me.) To which she replied after looking me up and down, "Wow. You look great for just having a baby."


THEN AND THERE MY DAY WAS MADE.


Now I realize this isn't much of a compliment since I have never actually given birth to a child after all the adorable baby in my arms was my niece. STILL in my mind I translated her comment to, "Wow you are so fit and skinny and beautiful." THANKS RANDOM DISNEYLAND LADY! THIS IS TRULY THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH ... even sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment